Sunday, August 10, 2014

IELTS Vocabulary/Part 1




Speaking
 
IELTS vocabulary:

Your hometown:

  • A hometown by the beach: attracts thousand of tourists every year, stunning place, lovely scenery, beautiful clear water, breathless view of golden beaches, sandy beaches, romantic sunsets.

  • General information: small town with a population of about '…' people, a transformation is taking place and (name of city) is growing in population, is becoming easier and easier to be explored by foreigners, live in the suburds, live near by the city centre.

  • People and lifestyle: friendly people, great nightlife and a variety of outgoing activities, it's not the most expensive place to live, but the living cost goes up every year and many people struggle, everyone knows each other.
  • Favourite place: a place where I can think straight/think clearly, enjoy spending time there, relaxing, I can't think of a better place to spend my time.
University:

  • Earned from University: get a gist of life, helped me to build my own identity, grow as a person, gain work experience, fulfil my dreams, helped me to achieve my goals, helped me to broaden my knowledge, helped me to gain confidence.

Vocabulary about my favourite subject at school:

  • History: gives me a sense of belonging/sense of patriotism
  • Sense of where we come from
  • Inspiration of life long learning
  • History can help you to know the past to connect to a better future
  • History can help you avoid making the same mistakes
  • Gain better appreciation of the contract between now and then.


Vocabulary about jobs (teaching)

  • Working with kids: you can always cherish the funny things they say and do, questions they ask and stories they write
  • The hugs, smiles and laughter keeps me going and reminds me why I became a teacher in the first place
  • I love inspiring students
  • Through teaching, I feel like I can make a difference in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment