Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Say or Tell: FCE Common mistakes





Complete the sentences using say or tell.

  1. She said to me that she'd just been made redundant. 
  2. Why don't they ........ something, instead of sitting there in silence? 
  3. Carl is always .......... me how hard he works, but I don't believe him.
  4. Don't take his word for it, he never ....... the truth!
  5. I overheard Emily ............ her mother was ill.
  6. If you'd wanted to go out, you should have ...........  me. 
  7. She ........... she doesn't gossip but she ............. her friends everything. 
  8. What's the point of giving your son a watch if he can't ............... the time yet?

Views answers here



Taken by Common mistakes at First Certificate. . .  and how to avoid them, Cambridge University Press, 2004 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment