Sunday, January 18, 2015

Song: MAGIC! Rude


 Song  MAGIC! Rude

This is an activity on the song 'Rude' by Magic for Pre-Intermediate students. I've ask my students to write down few songs they like listening to and this song is their favorite. Students are encouraged to listen in order to complete the activities and work on Connected Speech and Assimilation of Sounds.
 Click here for the handout in PDF




  "Rude"
Activity 1: Listen the song and fill in the gaps

Saturday morning..................out of bed
And put.......my best ….......
Got in my........ and raced like a jet
All the …....... to you
Knocked on your …......with heart in my ….......
To ask you a question
'Cause I know that you're an................... man, yeah
Activity 2:
Find the opposites of these words:
1. put on
2. old-fashioned
3. get in my car

Activity 3: Put the sentences in order:

Say yes, say yes 'cause I need to know
Tough luck, my friend, but the answer is 'No'
Can I have your daughter for the rest of my life?
You say I'll never get your blessing 'til the day I die

Activity 4: Listen the song and fill in the gaps

Why you gotta be so...............?
Don't you know I'm …....... too?
Why you gotta be so ….........?
I'm gonna …........ her anyway

…........ that girl
Marry her anyway
Marry that girl
Yeah, no …............what you say
Marry that girl
And we'll be a ….......
Why you gotta be so
Rude

Activity 5: Match 1-8 with A-H.
1. I hate to do this, 

2. Can't live
3. Love me or
4. Standing 

5. Or we will

6. To another galaxy, 

7. You know she's in 

8. She will go

A. you know

B. anywhere I go
C. hate me we will be boys
D. at that altar
E. love with me
F. you leave no choice 
G. run away
H .without her

Activity 6:You gonna learn something new!
Do you know what's the meaning of 'gonna'? Can you think of more examples?

Guess the following words:



Gonna 'I gonna go have a shower'

Wanna 'I wanna go home'

Gotta 'I gotta go'

Hafta 'I hafta do my homework'

Kudja 'Kudja pass me the salt please?'

Didju 'didju like the movie'

Wilja 'Wilja stay here tonight?'

Doyawanna 'Doyawanna come with us tonight'

Aryagonna 'Aryagoona go to the party?

Dijahafta 'Dijahafta do that?'



No comments:

Post a Comment